Re: Illumination

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.ntnu.no>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 16:22:50 +0200 (CEST)

> From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
>
> A personal view of Illumination:
>
> Forget all this mystical cock about Illumination (like it being some
> transcendental watchamacallit). Think of Illumination as being the
> realisation that everything you've been told isn't quite as black and
> white as you thought.

I agree with you completely! But out of different reasons. I don't think the realisation just pops up in your mind. The reason this happens is that nobody gets what they expect when they are illuminated: Orlanthi expect that illumination will turn you into a chaos horror, while lunars believe that it will lead to a trancended state. Nobody get what they expect, and hey the world just a little less black and white!

I think illumination is exactly the opposite of what people thing; you do not trancend the world, you are more deeply immershed in the world. I think illumination is to be devoured by a spider. How is that for a riddling opinion? :)

Frank Rafaelsen
Homo Ludens

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #199