heroquesting

From: Dana and Cynthia Myers <dnc_at_icehouse.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 18:05:24 -0700

Hi there, here is another question.

    I am designing a campaign whereas at the end the players will need to get quite a bit of ability and power. I was looking through the various web published heroquesting rules, but they all seem to focus on re-accomplishing actions of ones gods. I was looking for more of something that would allow the characters to blaze their own way to heroism.

        I read somewhere ( sorry I can't find the reference just now ) that anyone could heroquest; Priest, Shaman or Sorcerer. I was wondering if anyone has delt with "free form" Style heroquests. Whereas people go off venturing through the planes to do heroic things and access heroic powers without simply duplicating what others have done before. An example ( I believe ) of this sort of quest would be the Seven Mothers reincarnating the Red Goddess. Unless someone did that in the past, they had to do that one on their own.

    If anyone has comments or ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks for you time.

                                                            Dana Myers
                                                        dnc_at_icehouse.net