sexism and orlanth

From: Tom Merchant <elysia69_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 04:41:43 -0700 (PDT)

my tuppence:
(my apologies for the delay of this post but i was appalled enough to mail late)

is this the future of Glorantha? The free thinking and humourous Orlanthi are now no more. They have been replaced by Nietzchean Anglo-Saxon Ubermensch. Reattach that chain, girls, cause the lads say that you cant have storm powers.

All those proto-fascist hero-wars philosophers can get stuffed if they think any thinking gloranthophile is going to play in a game where men are real men and the girls have creation in their bellies and nowhere else.

Women can be unitied with orlanth because sometimes they have fire as well as babies in their bellies- as much as or as little as any man.

I say again that the mythology being created here smells of the mythology of fascism, even down to the 'politics of extremity' whereby you are either a traditionalist or a traitor- where has the fierce liberty, jovial good humour and above all diversity and tolerance gone?

Lastly you are welcome to join oa if you breath air- if oa is to become ow then please make it in name only.

It is not 'simply common sense' for women not to have storm powers. I am with Jane Williams here, this male/female divide with orlanth naturally gives the impression that women are second class and I want nothing to do with this.

DO YOU YAHOO!?