Re: More sexist harassment

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:38:13 EDT

Alex:

<< Me: Second, there remains the more general issue of how much HW will restrict> certain powers (not necessarily just thunderous ones) to specific genders,
> which seems somewhat contrary to Orlanthi belief.

 Let's note first of all that Orlanthi are not sexism-free zones. They indeed have "stereotyped" gender roles, their main saving grace being that they say qualify their prejudices with "Hey, I could be wrong here, I'm only saying..." And that their gender roles are fairly "balanced", notionally.>>

     Agreed. My comment was with regard to absolute proscriptions, not "well that's a very strange thing for a young woman/man to be wanting to do..."

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky