Re: Wachaza pirates

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:43:48 +0100 (BST)

Nils Weinander:
> Come on, there must surely be pirates who give a
> prayer and a sacrifice or three to Wachaza, as
> well as to a bunch of other deities.

I'm not sure Wachaza is such a great god if you're just a Dabbler...

Not that's I'm asserting that _no-one_ piratical worships him; in fact, I was sort of hoping that some one would lob up and propound some elaborately detailed and exotic bunch of pirates who do...

Of course, Ysabbau assuredly do, if no-one else. Though technically they're not pirates, per se -- they don't want to _rob_ you, just screw you over any way they possibly can think of. It's also possible that Ludoch and Malasp work in concert with human raiders, in which a Wachaza (or Magasta) would be quite likely as an object of joint worship.

> I have a hard time seeing pirates as the devout religious
> types, dedicating themselves to a single deity.

Well, one hardly has to be Pious to be Dedicated, as anyone who's had their leg chewed off by a Ratuki will testify.

Slainte,
Alex.