Re: Illumination/Chaos and Truestone

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:57:41 +1000 (EST)

> As I understand it Truestone is supposed to burn any chaos creature that
> touches it.
> However illumination prevents the detection of chaos/law by any means, So
> when an illuminated chaotic holds a piece of blank truestone and succumbs to
> the compulsion to cast their divine magic into the truestone, what happens
> if the spell is a chaotic one ? (Grant Chaos Feature etc.)?

Law + chaos first came together _at_ the spike (in a big way) - big bang.

If they were forced together again in the way you mentioned, I would say bang. Not as big as the spike...but enough to fry, oh, say, a 10m/pt-in-the-truestone circle for lttle-magic campaigns, and 5m/pt for large-magic. Should make quite a scene. Especially in a town :-) Oh, and due to the truestone,
I would rule that no magical protection worked at all, including temples etc. IMHO. Moral: don't *play* with truestone. Don't play with chaos. and DON'T mix the two!!!

Cheers
Robert