Re: Illumination/Chaos and Truestone

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:07:12 +0100

Paul Bestwick :

>As I understand it Truestone is supposed to burn any chaos creature
that
>touches it.
>However illumination prevents the detection of chaos/law by any means,
So
>when an illuminated chaotic holds a piece of blank truestone and
succumbs to
>the compulsion to cast their divine magic into the truestone, what
happens
>if the spell is a chaotic one ? (Grant Chaos Feature etc.)?

I don't know about 'any means'. So far as I know illumination does not make you immune to anti-chaos magic such as Counter Chaos or whatever, so I don't see why they should be automaticaly immune to the truestone effect.

The way I would rule it is that some very advanced illuminates may be immune to some such divine magic, but that immunity to the effects of truestone would be a miraculous power to be reserved for heroes.

Simon Hibbs

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #210