Truestone

From: Simon Phipp <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:12:07 +0000

Paul Bestwick asks:

> As I understand it Truestone is supposed to burn any chaos creature
> that touches it. However illumination prevents the detection of
> chaos/law by any means, So when an illuminated chaotic holds a piece
> of blank truestone and succumbs to the compulsion to cast their
> divine magic into the truestone, what happens if the spell is a
> chaotic one ? (Grant Chaos Feature etc.)?

Storm Bull cultists get REALLY annoyed.

As far as I know, illuminates can handle and use Truestone as well as anyone else, after all they are NOT chaotic :-)

If they cast a Chaotic spell into the Truestone then it is burnt in as per the normal rules. However, unless the Truestone is retained by its owner, it will be extremely difficult to refill once the spell is used.

See Ya

Simon Phipp
(Still interested in Glorantha, despite rumours to the contrary)