Re: Glorantha wargames

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:58:27 +0100 (BST)

Richard Crawley reveals:
> Tom Zunder and I have just played out a Gloranthan game of
> Hordes of the Things (WRG's fast play fantasy rules)

Interesting! What scale are said rules on, and how did you find 'em to work, Gloranthanicly?

> Most Sartarite clans have no significant cavalry [...]
> Baron Sanuel's Company, the Poljoni, and presumably the Elmali clans?

And of course such Yelmalions as they're on speaking terms with. (And haven't absent-mindedly lost their horses, like the RoC eejits.)

> If there is a place for chariot riding Orlanthi in Glorantha (and
> surely there must be) it is on the plains of Ralios?

The Volsaxi use 'em. (See "second hand chariot salesman" joke cum (T) rumour in an oldish Tales.) I think the Galinnin have a "tradition" of chariots, but I don't know that they still use 'em.

Slainte,
Alex.