An illuminated question

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 23:14:56 GMT

"Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG" <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca> asks An illuminated question

(And it really, really, is!)

> Here's one for the illuminated savants on the digest.
>
> Why did Oddi the Keen lose his Sense Chaos ability when he became
> illuminated?

For what it's worth, I would say because Chaos was no longer something OTHER to him. He saw the Chaos in the heart of his own Law.

Or to put it another way he no longer felt the pain that Chaos causes to itself and to the world. (Which does not say that Chaos stops injuring the world just because you become Illuminated, just that you can't feel it any more.)

And thanks to Shannon Appel for reassuring me about the 100 word chargen.

(SUBLIMINAL MIND CONTROL MESSAGE TO SHANNON: Take the damn Status Point Mechanic and give it a *real playtest*! Throw it at some idiot players, some conservative players and some cynical players and see what you get. Better yet dump it entirely...) END SUBLIMINAL MIND CONTROL MESSAGE....)

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.