Gregged again...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 01:28:57 +0100 (BST)

David Cake notes:
> But the truth is that legally, Glorantha does not belong to the
> fans, and the man that does own it also wants to use it as an outlet for
> his own creativity, and doesn't want to be bound by the ideas of fandom in
> general, the results of digest discussions, or even his own past writing
> (and more power to him for that).

I've said it before, he may be titularly El Presidente, but the Correct Analogue for Greg is the Supreme Court...

To be fair to him, though, Greg has always been pretty receptive to other people's ideas, and when he contradicts himself, for the most part he does it in such a Mind Boggling Mentally Flexible way that it _isn't_ really a contradiction, if you peer at it long and hard enough, like a magic eye puzzle. Unfortunately, this only works as a "solution" if one exercises the same degree of "flexibility" oneself -- which admittedly can be quite a brain-fusing proposition.

> If we stuck to the official view on Vinga, for example, there would
> be no problem - because none of us would ever have a Vingan PC

As Jane correctly countered earlier, "define official". Does Spoken Word of Greg count, this week?

> Big Corporations with feral lawyers like Paramount
> mad Kevin Siembieda at Palladium

David, I think those were _discracefully_ slanderous characterisations and think you should repea-- eh, retract them! Eventually! :----)

Anyway, I think Dave's comments are very much on the money. I'm glad I refrained from commenting directly on Allen Wallace's Parthian Post, as a) it'd have been a thermonuclear flame, had I done so; b) it'd hardly have been relevant, given he'd buggered off by that stage, and c) I couldn't have come up with any sort of Constructive Side to the whole sorry business.

Slainte,
Alex.