Re: HW Characters

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:54:19 +0100

Brian Tickler tries writing a 100-word HW character "for fun".

Don't worry, Brian: the draft rules include detailed guidance on how GMs should deal with people who come up with character concepts like the one you described.

(Though they do omit my own preferred method -- leaving people who try it on like that out of your games altogether).

Michael Schwartz says that since the draft rules *now* are different, what I said about the draft rules *then* was wrong. I love Mike like a brother, so I shall not dwell on the semantics this. The HW draft used to have a "bump-up vs. cannon-fodder" system (of which I approved); maybe it doesn't today. Pity.

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>