HW comments

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:38:56 +0000

Hero Wars looks good

Not only does Hero Wars look good, with the whole character concept focus it looks a lot like I was heading towards with GoonQuest 2. I love it. I guess the only tough thing is going to be deciding what all the acceptable character concepts are, especially in places where the culture is nothing at all like Sartar. For instance, in Carmania...

And now for something different. I have a feeling it's going to be a popular pastime, to make up 100-word hero wars characters out of characters in our own campaigns. So, here are two of the senior NPCs in my carmanian campaign, who could never be described properly in pure roolz terms before.

Pseudo-Hero Wars Characters for Fun

Pyaur Stone-faced, Fazzik of House Zemeidy

Pyaur Stone-faced, /Karmanos and Fazzik/ of \House Zemeidy\, is [famed] both for his [kindness] and his [fiery temper]. He [hates] the \Zotelkadzy and their allies\ and while [planning the constant war between that house and his], <works obsessively> to (increase Zemeidy wealth, political power and influence). His many kindnesses include <adopting warriors blinded in battle>, and his \fiercely loyal, uncannily perceptive Silent Guards\ are made up of the unfortunates he has adopted. He [loves his children] and
[loves his wives], but his love has not deterred him from [using deadly
force] against any who dared betray their house.

Pyaur should be scored as a beginning character with an extra level of mastery.

Lientr Zemeidy, Master Heizaur

[Cunning] Lientr Zemeidy, /Master Heizaur/, is [famous in Bindle] for his
[tactics]. He is \Pyaur Zemeidy's\ younger brother and [most trusted
lieutenant]. Mornings, he [teaches] the \Zemeidy heizaurs\ his [close combat] skills and so (ensures the safety of the Zemeidy bloodline). Afternoons, he [cultivates flowers and healing herbs] and (plots revenge) against the \Uz, Mightytusks,\ who made him <lame>. While serving in Tarsh he stole the [the Earthshaker's Mighty Stomp] from \Cavadon Thunder-rider\. His [military experience] [providing security] to \land caravans\ has given him [wide experience of Worion, Brolia, Tarsh, Esrolia, and Heortland and their peoples].

Lientr should be scored as a beginning character plus add one level of mastery.

Cheers,
Loren

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> "If men cease to believe that they will one day become gods then they will surely become worms." --Henry Miller, "The Colossus of Maroussi"