Orlanth Archer.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:31:21 +0100 (BST)

Maybe I missed a message to this effect (I seem to be missing two Digests; incidentally, if anyone attempted to mail me over the weekend, it's likely lost, whether or not you got a bounce. *sigh* Remail me, if you would -- thanks, and apologies for the digression).

Anyhoo, one does not need to be More Revisionist Than Thou to have Orlanthi archers; "Jorganos Archer" appears in KoS, he being a son of Vingkot. What sort of magic, or Hero Path he might have isn't known, AFAIK, but plenty of Precedent.

According to Spoken Word of Greg, there aren't Orlanthi _longbows_, though. (In fact, didn't he say that the Grotarons are the only longbow-users in Genertela? (This is a bit like saying the Swiss used "axes", if you ask me, mind.))

Slainte,
Alex.