Quibble, 8/12.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:35:53 +0100 (BST)

Steve Lieb wonders:
> I mean, how do you adjudicate that "Close combat" is fair
> but "Adept with all weapons" isn't - or is it? What about "Master of every
> weapon"? How does the system address this?

I think that since they'd all translate to "Close combat 8/12", all are "fair", but some are more "accurate" than others...

Abilities that are too broad might be a problem, abilities that are too numerous seems to _me_ at least to be a problem. But abilities that are simply inherently inappropriate are fairly self-incriminating, and talking a good game in the extravagant way a basically reasonable ability is "billed" will essentially make no difference, AFAICS.

Slainte,
Alex.