Re: Bob.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:12:59 +0100 (BST)

Steve Lieb on Michaels Schwartz and Cule:

> > What do you suppose he think is a "real playtest"?
> >One which confirms his own views? Hmmm...

> Probably more like one in which he is included.

He was.

> Like 99.99995% of the
> people on this list, he's probably never played the rules.

According to my calculations, that makes about 0.0003 of a Digester. Owch, has someone been donating tissue samples to Gloranthan research? ;-)

I'd guess that about 10%+ of the Digest have played _a_ (stress, _*a*_) version of the HW rules...

> I know it's killing me that it is going to me at least a year before
> we get to play these rules.

Don't say that! *covers ears* I heard rumours of "next May"; is this a sadly deluded hope? (So much for the birthday prezzie.)

> So, if a humorous comment about the playtest will get me included, consider
> it made (I can't think of one right now.)

I understand that (out-of-house) playtesting is officially Ceased and Desisted.

> -Steve "making everyone think he's English by using the word arse" Lieb

Trust me, you don't _have_ to be *English*! (Mind you, I now think you're Illuminated, unless you have some Irish/Aussie/.../whatever blood in you.)

> I've always thought that was one of the best parts of roleplaying,
> reconciling your view of your "awesomely great" character with the reality
> that the trollkin just kicked your butt...

I think that "[thinks he's god's gift to women]" would be a valid ability. ;-)

Slainte,
Alex.