Horse for Orlanthi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:31:27 +1200 (NZST)

Kevin Rose:

>In particular, I would assume that there is some sort of diety that those
>Orlanthi who raise horse have some relationship to? Is this true, not
>true, etc?

There are quite a few. Elmal gives his worshippers "Healthy Horses" according to KoS p196 and is said to have married the Horse-Loving Daughter of Orlanth who may be Redaylde, ancestress of the Berenthings. The myth of Hyalor and Hippoi is known to the Orlanthi as the Hyaloring triachy of Runegate was incorporated into the Colymar tribe. Elsewhere they might have different gods, Galan being a distinct possibility in Ralios.