Miscelanea (if that's how you spull it)

From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:50:55 +0100

Ian Thompson made a comment:

"I didn't like the HW character descriptions we just saw, they read like
something out of a computer game..."

This sort of underlies the general problem I've seen with HW, or at least the discussions about them. Chunks end up sounding like computer wank-speak. We have as three main examples:

"HW is more scalable than RQ."
"HW is supports a higher level of abstraction than RQ."
"HW uses a different paradigm to RQ."

Lets just finish it off with "HW makes you more productive than RQ and helps you leverage your existing investment in Glorantha."

Changing the subject:

David Dunham said he liked the idea of cities being represented as directed graphs...
Alex said bi-directional graphs would be better... Ashley listens to a couple of English teachers he plays with stampeding for the door...

There again, they did come back when bribed with 100 word character descriptions, being fairly terse communicators when they want to be.

Finally:

Jane tried to defend herself from being a God Learner, but failed. As I've never read KoS all the way through (It mouldered on a shelf for a while before I found some mug to palm it off on) the first real mention of Vinga I saw was on her site, so it's her fault. Prepare the ducking stool!

Ash