Cor, Just think...

From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:25:44 +0100

If HW is getting all this slagging off on the basis of a few comments, just imagine the pasting we can give it if it's ever published!

There's been some interesting comments though in the general discussion. Forget Status Points, Plot Points and the fact that Michael Cule dares to dislike the system. A while back, someone, I won't embarrass them further here, suggested that "Xena - Blurry Thing On Channel 5" was a good model for a combat system and that HW fitted the bill exactly. Then someone else compared it to "The A-Team." AND THEY WERE PEOPLE WHO LIKED THE SYSTEM! Don't let these people loose on the marketing campaign: "HERO WARS - The GLORANTHAN RPG (Can simulate any old cock found on the tube with no additional rules!)"

One can now see what young Greggily Weggily meant when he wrote "Only a couple of diehards had difficulty adjusting to a new paradigm, as we'd expected..."

Roll on the indeterminate month when the game comes out,

Aescleal