HW Ability Representations

From: George W. Harris <gharris_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:21:45 -0400 (EDT)

>> could someone at least explain what these numbers mean?
>
>First number is your target: roll this or above on d20. Second number are
>your Status Points when starting a contest with that skill; the more the
>better, as when you drop to 0 you're out of the contest.

        To reiterate a point I made earlier, wouldn't it be much simpler and as near equivalent as needs be (given that the sum of the skill number and status point total has not been constant throughout the playtest) to simply represent the skill by *one* number, and have that equal both the number you have to roll *below* and the number of status points you start with (which, for an equivalent skill would give you one more status point), so that 10/10, 6/14 and 18W/2(22)
would then be represented as 11, 15, and 3W (with the W indicating an extra 20 SPs as well as the bump-up)? Or does this not fulfill the need for obfuscatory representations?

>David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com>
>Glorantha/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>
- --
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris                        gharris_at_mindspring.com

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #229