RE: Cor, Just think...

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:25:07 +0100

Ashley Munday:
>A while back, someone, I won't embarrass them
>further here, suggested that "Xena - Blurry Thing On Channel 5" was a
>good model for a combat system and that HW fitted the bill exactly. Then
>someone else compared it to "The A-Team." AND THEY WERE PEOPLE WHO
>LIKED THE SYSTEM!
Actually, I think a more realistic simulation would be "Highlander", where everything depends on the final outcome, not the process.

Thinking about Michael Cule's desire for a process-simulation, how on earth is any roleplaying game other than HW ever going to achieve simulating something like the fight at the top of the cliff in The Princess Bride? That's what sold me on HW - it can do that scene, effortlessly.

http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
Any view of things that is not strange is false