Re: RQ and the digest...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:06:47 +0100 (BST)

Bryan Maloney respond to my merely, as I imagined, factual observation:
> >I don't think anyone has objected to _Glorantha-related_ RQ posting,
> >despite numerous tongue in cheek (and perhaps otherwise) about how
> >"un-PC" it might be to do so.

> Wrong. Shannon has explicitly stated they are not permitted.

I can't say I care much for your "tone", Bryan (though this is hardly news), but I can only point out that the above happens, and in practice at least no-one has raised an eyebrow. Example: R. H. Wolfe's Broo Princes: RQ content, high-ish; objections -- none. (And rather entertaining they were too, if I might belatedly add.)

I shall leave the debate of the finer nuances of what Shannon may or may not have said to your good selves.

> But is this now the HW digest?

No.

Slainte,
Alex.