St. Jakaleel?

From: Bryan Maloney <bjm10_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:17:22 -0400

Once again, explication of Glorantha is being driven by the demands of gaming (how EEEEEEVIIIIIIL!!!! How UNLITERARY!) Anyway, one of my players has rolled up a Carmanian sorcerer who also worships Jakaleel. In a general fit of incoherence, I took Occam's path and said that she would practice sorcery with access to Jakaleel's Divine magic (but not Jakaleel's Spirit magic)--a kind of Stygian fashion.

What would be the main-stream Carmanian opinion of such an arrangement? Would she be rejected as a heretic? What would be the political ramifications of such a rejection? Would she be considered to be on the fringe but still acceptable, if in need of guidance?

PS: She's been shipped off to Pavis, so it's obvious that whatever she's done is unlikely to have been everything that every Carmanian momma wants for her child.

Would it be unreasonable to posit a combination of Stygian and "Saint" style worship somewhere in the Lunar Empire?