Re: St. Jakaleel?

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:19:13 +0100

Bryan Maloney :

>Anyway, one of my players has rolled up a Carmanian sorcerer >who also
worships Jakaleel. In a general fit of incoherence, I >took Occam's path and said that she would practice sorcery with >access to Jakaleel's Divine magic (but not Jakaleel's
>Spirit magic)--a kind of Stygian fashion.

Sounds interesting.

I imagine the Spolite black magic brigade would get along with Jakaleel just fine. Perhaps they operate some kind of student exchange scheme.

Seriously though, if she is from the Spolite tradition of witchery it would make a lot of sense. One moving to the lunar heartland it would be a natural step for her to become involved in the Jakaleel cult.

>What would be the main-stream Carmanian opinion of such an
>arrangement? Would she be rejected as a heretic? What would >be the
political ramifications of such a rejection? Would she be >considered to be on the fringe but still acceptable, if in need of >guidance?

Do they know? It's not as if either the Spolite witches or the Jakaleel cult go round advertising their activities (though their penchant for insane cackling is a bit of a giveaway). I imagine she would be regarded with suspicion though. It all depends how she behaves. How secretive and mysterious does she want to be?

Si

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #234