Digest history meta-discussion

From: Henk Langeveld - ENS Europe <Henk.Langeveld_at_holland.sun.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:11:56 +0200

The Glorantha Digest(Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 05:41:22PM +0000): From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
> Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest
>
> It was my understanding that the transfer of the Glorantha Digest
> to Chaosiums server occurred largely due to problems with Lorens former
> server, and that the Glorantha Digest had separated from the Runequest
> forums (rq-rules at that point) some time before, and that both had been
> going strong.

The separation became a fact during my supervision. The charter till then adamantly included both Glorantha and RQ. As there was a definite interest in a separate rq list, Loren created such. At the same time, I had some trouble with the Digest - I was running it more or less on company resources and I wished to get rid of that conflict of interest. When Loren started the rules list I asked him if he could also host the "daily". Loren complied - and I believe that's now been three years, to the day.

> I have been on this digest in some form or another for 9 years now
> (since Andrew Bells occasional missives in 1989), and I noticed no
> particular drop or growth in interest in the digest in moving from Loren to
> Shannons benign overlordship.

Quite true.

Henk
#2 of 4