Simulationist

From: Jose Ramos <jose_at_kobo.es>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 13:59:02 +0200

Mike Cule said:
>Well, I'm not too happy with the term 'simulationist'. It implies that I care
>about the exact ratio of metals in Gloranthan bronze or how Lunar armour is
made
>or other sorts of tedious detail. But otherwise you're right. I've got a
>philosophy of gaming that HW isn't likely to serve without me doing some work.

Hey, the composition of Gloranthan bronze, or how Lunar armour is made (which of them, the crescent scales of stained bronze from Thrice blessed, the red bronze full moon lamellar from Torang, the Moon rune chain links of the Imperial Bodyguard, or the golden cuirasses from Yuthuppa) is what really interests me. In a RW game, I am such a poor sport that I aim for reality. In Glorantha (or other fictional works) I can let my imagination run wild. Within order, of course.

>From what I have seen HW is not enough detailed for the ftf simulationist in
me, nor ruleless enough for the e-mail player I really am.

Anyway, I will buy some of it, and perhaps all of it.

Jose