The 100 Word Essay is Back?

From: mob <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 09:41:24 +0500

G'day all,

The 100 Word Essay is Back?

So it's back again (at LA I remember I was told it had been dropped).

Shannon:

>Subtext: yes, the descriptive form of character creation still exists
>and will continue to exist in Orlanthi likelihood.

OK, knocking together a 100 word character description might not bother us old Gloranthan hacks, but if anything, *anything* is likely to break first-time gamers or even keen Gloranthan newbies into a cold sweat, it'd be the thought of just this. I'm not saying drop the idea - I actually think it's a good one (as an adjunct to the other method of character generation) - - but if I were Chaosium I wouldn't make a big deal of it: "Oh yeah, I've heard of Hero Wars. That's that game where they expect you to sit down and write a fucking essay before you can play." Try getting high school kids or college students interested if they've heard that!

Hey, just my opinion,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
  Research Associate, Bayswater Primary School   Learning Technologies Navigator School, Bayswater, Victoria, Australia   Telephone: +61-3-9721-3755 Fax: +61-3-9720-8986   <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
  MOB's Glorantha Page: http://gateway.bayswater.schnet.edu.au:81/~mob/

  9 Parker Street, Richmond 3121, Victoria, Australia   Home Telephone: +61-3-9428-9048