Re.: Bronze age mod cons...

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 10:58:47 +0100

Pete Nash :

>Sorry if I trod on anybodies view of Glorantha. I always thought it was

>a world of magic with bronze age society throw in. Not a bronze age
>world with a touch of magic thrown in. ;-)

I beileve it isn't quite either. It is a bronze age mythical world where the world actualy does work the way that real world bronze age people believed it did. Thus I have no problem whatsoever agreeing with your ideas.

Bronze age people realy did believe in a myriad of helpfull spirits round the home that helped facilitate the magic of life. After all, the ability to hearness the destructive potential of fire for cooking is obviously magical; how do you think milk is transmuted into butter? - magic; what malicious forces turn milk sour? - evil little pixies of course!; But everyone knows you can keep them out of your house by spreading salt across your doorway.

IMHO the peope objecting to your post did so because they chose to interpret it in a naff way. Says more about them than it does about you, mate.

Si