Re: RQ vs. HW

From: Dave Henry <thebeast_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 14:51:55 EDT

Philip Hibbs wrote:
- ------------
> I played RQ again this weekend, and four rounds of combat between
> three PCs and one monster took an hour and a half. I rest my case.

        I played this weekend too. Ran a battle for a village. It involved 7 PCs and the 10 NPCs on their side against the many, many more than that on the other side. Took 30+ rounds.

        It took us about 2 hours.

        It's style -- player style, GM style, the style of your interactions, etc. -- not the system(*) that will determine how long it takes to run any particular encounter.

(*) I'm willing to admit that CHAMPIONS(tm) combat may be an exception to this rule. :-)

                -Dave Henry