Khazar analogues.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 17:06:14 +1300 (NZDT)

MOB: JR>> Now, a RW culture I would love to see in Glorantha are the
>>Khazars, but we don't have several monotheist religions to choose. So
>>we miss a bunch of "civilized" archers. I still toy with a Carmanian
>>Khagan, after the fall of the Red Empire...

>Great idea. The Khazars chose to adopt Judaism over Christianity and Islam.
>I wonder what the parallel religions could be in Glorantha?

Mostal: There's already the Elevenths of Slon.

Ompalam: although most Fonritans combine the worship of Ompalam with other

        gods, one or two towns could be devoutly monotheist.

The Cult of Silence: an empire (of sorts) did exist historically in

        Umathela.

Yelm: Look at Akenaten for a RW parallel.

Jolaty: There could easily be a Pentan tribe who worships nobody but

        Sheng Seleris's personal deity.