Sorcery Rules

From: Ian Thomson <gpo.swin.edu.au_at_lucy.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 12:23:20 +0000

Hiya

I have for many years wondered about sorcery rules, and whilst I am sure the various options around are excellent for many people, somehow I don't feel satisfied.

And I freely admit that this is my own problem! :)

I have a gut preference for a system where sorcerors do NOT use any structured spells like spirit magic, but rather wrestle with the web of reality to create the outcome they desire, or at least have this option alongside standard rituals and ceremonies for simpler results.

Does anyone have knowledge of a set of rules/ideas that equate this, from any rpg system?

Perhaps it would be related to elements, ie some runes like Fire, Darkness, Earth, and a sorceror progresses by progressively mastering different runes and being able to command powers related to them? Or perhaps it would not?

Once again I admit this is all rather wishy washy at the moment, and I welcome any constructive feedback

cheers

Ian
ithomson_at_swin.edu.au