Re: Orlanthi military culture

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 00:44:07 +0100 (BST)

Jeff Richard points out:
> Perhaps, although I would like to point out that Orlanthi have at times had
> nothing against ambushing armies while in passes, exposed positions,
> decamping, etc.

Indeed. Greg read a passage of Harmastsaga at Convulsion which described an Orlanthi warband "bravely" chucking rocks on top of a passing column of Bright Empire types, so I think I can mention this without fear of Spirit of Retribution.

I have no idea how they justified this as being Honourable, or even if they felt it necessary to bother. Maybe the dictum of "against chaos, fight dirty" was felt to be applicable.

Slainte,
Alex.