Does Daystar's Flock wear Frocks?

From: mob <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 14:36:36 +0500

G'day all,

Erik Nolander said:

>I and a friend (who goes by the name of Otto, by the way) recently begun
>working on a campaign in the mines of Pent Ridge, based on the excellent
>article by MOB in Ye Booke of Tentacles. When doing this, we came up
>with the following idea for a possible power faction in the mines. I
>just wanted some feedback, and maybe some more ideas as well.
>Personally, I find it more MGF than heretical, but what do you think,
>good people?...
>
>YELMALION TRANSVESTITES: This group, led by former priest Daystar,
>controls the lower part of the mines. They are considered to be vile
>heretics of the worst kind by most righteous Yelmalions. Daystar was
>once a high ranking Light Priest (Light Son?) who claims that
>transvesticism is in fact endorsed, and not despised, by
>Yelmalio...etc

Most of what Erik and co. have surmised based on the rather meagre information in YBoT is reasonably correct - Daystar was banised rather executed for his abominable crimes, is planning to escape, does plot to overthrow Solanthos, and does wield considerable influence deep down in the pits of Pent Ridge. However, Daystar's motivations go a whole lot further than just a fervent desire to wear a frock during Yelmalio ceremonies. In fact, I doubt if Daystar himself is actually a transvestite as he isn't a Somashi: for loads of detail about the Somashi origins of Sun Domer transvestitism, you should check out "the Secret History" in Questlines II. However, with the somashi purged in recent years, no doubt Count Solanthos has sent various recidivists to mines over the years, where they toil in their tattered finery*.

I am currently working out the full implications of the Daystar conspiracy with Nick, Peter, Jane and some others. I think everyone's aware it has something to do with the resurgence of the Sun Dragon in Sun County. Hopefully, it will someday take form as "The Secret History, Part Two." Those who attended our seminars at Convulsion or the German con would have got a taste of what's cookin'!

*Though it's rumoured there's one particularly loopy soldier, a certain Corporal Clanger, who's been wearing women's clothes for years in the vain hope of being kicked out of the Templars and sent to join his like-minded pals at Pent Ridge.

Cheers,

MOB