Orlanthi Slingers

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 20:20:30 +1300 (NZDT)

Jeff Richard:

>>The Uz herd trollkin to attack their enemies. Most of them will
>>be slaughtered. This doesn't sound like Orlanthi slingers and
>>scouts to me.

>Orlanthi slingers? Where are you referring to?

Steve Lieb was the one who brought them up. I think they would come from the Orlanthi shepherds as that is where in the RW most slingers have come from.

>The Dragon Pass Orlanthi are
>not particularly big on mass slingers (I suspect the main point of slings is
>to hurl Thunder stones).

No mention was made of formations of massed slingers. What I inferred from Steve's post was the slingers would fire stones at the enemy before combat is joined.

>Of course
>this depends on what you mean by "Orlanthi" - are you referring to
>Sartarites, Hendriki, Tarshites, Aggari, Talastari, East Ralians,
>Vesmonstranings, or who? And when?

I really don't know. That's one of the reasons why I didn't think Celtic Warbands was a good description to use.