What we do with the Kackhanders

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:39:21 -0400 (EDT)

"Now don't get offended at those wronghanders, boy. I know in your
village you make 'em fight proper as you see it, but they're not a curse or a taint. Ya know how Yelmalio had to work his blessings quietly while helping us endure the Greater Darkness? Well, those wronghanders are one of Yelmalio's quiet blessings.

"Here's how it works. Most civilized armies, they make their men all
learn with one hand so they can line 'em up nice and pretty--or so I hear about the Dairies and the Atheists. What we do is different. We train our wronghanders to fight in a special way, then we put them at the left end of our lines. Messes up charges on our left flanks something *fierce* when those flanking spears suddenly pivot around."

"They're good men, even if they are a little wierd. Anyway, I'm sure
they'll get the use of the proper hand once the world gets fixed."

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #254