Books to read

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:10:01 +0100

> Don't get me wrong - Jones' book is a must-read.

So you can then recognise a decent book on military tactics when you see one, such as Rory Muir, Chandler, Oman, Sun Tzu, Haythornwaite etc, etc. In fact, it's quite interesting reading about 30 years war up to early Napoleonics to get a feel of Gloranthan combat if you assume that magic is about as effective as artillery of that period was (Muskets/Baker rifles equate to disruptions etc in terms of casualties???) I must admit I find it difficult to visualise how Gloranthan armies would use magic or even some of the more basic military maneouvres, given that most forces are not professional standing armies. Interesting armchair debate, but I don't think it's one that's worth a great deal of space on the digest.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #255