Re: Jakaleeli

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:28:15 EDT

In my game (set in 13th century Carmania) I have the following set up: My Carmanians are not too worried about gender - that's a Dara Happan thing in their opinion- so I have female Vizirs (I also had a player who wanted to be a sorceress). The Magi are the hierarchy of the "cult" of Idovanus, and only use "pure magic" (sorcery). Vizirs/Wizards are "approved" magicians; priests and shamans of approved cults. Jakaleel would be in 17th century an approved cult so there isn't a problem. Carmanians, with their female goddess of sovereignty, their Pelandan heritage, their worship of Jernotia/Jernotius (a sex changing deity) etc must surely be less gender specific than is implied in some background write ups. (what about Yolanela, the taloned countess, as a role model).

Keith Nellist