Re: Orlanthi inclusiveness

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danet.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:14:52 -0400

> From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
> But I suppose that, say, Orlanth would not allow a religious war among
> orlanthi. It simply makes no sense. This is different from the RW. In the
> RW there were religious wars between parties of the same religion and the
> same church. The example at hand is the wars between the French and the
> Italian popes of medieval Europe. In Glorantha I assume the god would solve
> the conflict before it turned into war by signaling clearly which side had
> his aproval.

Then explain the Lokamayadon vs Harmast conflict, or the struggle between Alkoring Dragonslayer and the Orlanth Dragonfriends. The only way that Orlanth could haved signaled his choice in these famous schisms was by granting *eventual* victory to one side or another, and THAT requires that he have some (notoriously denied by sources) "free will" to make the decision, at all. The fact is that the Orlanth are just as capable of intra-religious wars as are the Malkioni, or even RW YHWH-ists.