Re: Magical systems

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 98 12:10:08 -0400

Allow me to suggest the fine FUDGE supplement, "A Magical Medley", by Grey Ghost Games. It includes systems for African Spirit Magic, Celtic Magic, Chinese Magic, pseudo-scientific Gramarye (for a mythic medieval campaign), and assorted others. Highly recommended and very easily adapted to other game systems.

Specifically useful to Gloranthaphiles are the African Spirit Magic (shamanism), Chinese Magic (eastern magic), and Gramarye (sorcery). Celtic Magic, with some tweaking, could be used as a core for the theist approach, although the manner of general magical abilities would need to be broadened.

Michael Schwartz mschwartz_at_mindspring.com Ann Arbor, MI USA

"I've always said you can get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with a kind word alone." -- Marcus Cole, Babylon 5