Re: scripts

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:28:35 +0800

Dave =CEunham summarised the scripts debate
>There was more hash than beef -- I don't recall any consensus (though a few
>people agreed with each other). My personal opinion is that Western is
>logographic, but most other scripts are either syllabic or alphabetic
>(since these types of scripts are really more practical).

        The debate seemed to focus on Western - and as I recall when debate stopped concensus seemed to be that both the 'Western as psuedo Latin' and 'Western as logographic' camps had a reasonable case for fitting the Gloranthan facts, and that it was currently a matter of taste with no hard evidence either way.

        That said, I'm firmly with David in the logographic camp myself.

        Cheers

                David