Now and Then

From: Simon Phipp <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:28:30 +0000

Bryan Maloney:

> How do you view Glorantha, as a now or as a then?
>
> I prefer to view it as a then, with all source material coming to
> us as fragments and interpretations of fragments from a place and
> time both long distant.

As a GM, I see Glorantha as a "Now" or at the very least a "roughly now". However, I like to include current events in the Timeline so that any campaign can have events which flow. generally, I include events up to 20 years as part of contemporary Glorantha which kick in at certain times.

As a player, Glorantha is "Now".

As someone on the Digest I see Glorantha as a fantasy world neither "now" or "then", more as "pretend".

See Ya

Simon Phipp