Polar Bears, Thunder Stones

From: Simon Phipp <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:49:13 +0000

Trotsky says:

> There are no polar bears in Glorantha, according to RQ Book 5
> p30 :-(

This is because the White Bear (of Harrekscloak Fame) is a God of the Rathori *With No Children*, meaning that there are no polar bears. Unusual for a Hsunchen Beast deity, but there you are.

Simon Bray writes:
> > A simple and short question. How big is a thunderstone? In a
> > recent
> posting
> >Jeff seemed to suggest that they fit in a sling. I believe that
> >they are thrown by hand and are much bigger, perhaps thrown discus
> >like.

>From a rulesey perspective, you make a ThunderStone by taking a piece
of flint and casting your Bless Thunderstone spell thus creating a Thunderstone, I reckon a similar process would occur throughout ALL Gloranthas, whether they be driven by the RQ, HW, T&T or B&B engines. Thus, your question should be "How big is a piece of flint?".

Also, another Rulesey point, Thunderstones can only be thrown, not slung. I reckon there is a HeroQuest to the Flint Slingers (those pesky Orlanthi Spirits of Retribution) which allows people to use Thunderstones from a sling.