Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #259

From: johnjmedway <jmedway_at_dev.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:52:30 -0500

>Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 11:43:59 -0700
>From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
>Subject: Re: Them what want out

- -..
>Putting it up-front would mean that everyone would always have to
>read the entire thing and make it an even longer task to get to
>actual content. From experience it is also unlikely to ever catch
>any extra. People like the last person to spam are too clueless to

Eric,

Since 99% of folks should be reading mail with a tool which handles clicking on mailto URLs, another list I'm on goes ahead and puts (un)subscription info in the headers in that form, so the feeble-minded need only click on the appropriate mailto. Frex., for the GD, put something like the following in the headers:

 <mailto:glorantha-digest-request_at_chaosium.com?subject=subscribe> List-Unsubscribe:
 <mailto:glorantha-digest-request_at_chaosium.com?subject=unsubscribe>

This assumes you're using majordomo, and don't need any additional parameters for either command. Even if they are needed, the requester can just add them manually.