Light Pollution, as the Buseri might say...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:30:53 +0100 (BST)

Nick Davison asks:
> Clearly in the RW the 'moon' has a considerable effect on night
> vision. Does anything in the Gloranthan sky do so?

I suspect that the Red Moon has a considerable effect also, and likely Tolat/Shargash has a rather lesser one. As Greg isn't quite au fait with Apparent Stellar Magnitudes, a more precise answer is difficult!

It also seems likely to me that several peoples have "affinities" with certain celestial objects, so that say, they can see relatively well at night by the light of Orlanth's Ring in the case of Odaylans, or Orogeria, for the Pelorian hunters who revere her.

Slainte,
Alex.