Re: Rathori

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:40:58 EDT

Alex, replying to me:

<< > Males, however, are not especially territorial and wander across a much
> wider area (about twice that covered by females). No doubt this might serve
as
> justification among some young Rathori males to become mercenaries, and
then
> return when they're bigger, stronger and more experienced to claim a
bride.*

 It seems to me to be a decidedly weak argument for that. Twice as big a territory is one thing, leaving your ancestral lands and trooping halfway across Fronela quite another. >>

      I should have been clearer. Young male bears get kicked out by their mums at quite an early age (whereas their sisters get to stay behind) and then travel up to 100km before 'settling down' in a new patch on their own. So there is a precedent for wanderlust for those GMs who want it - I agree it isn't a definitive argument.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky