Re: Sky

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:03:42 +0100

Robin Mitra asks:

> What about the sky? I thought Yelmalio, Elmal, Dayzatar or whoever
> would the Shining Sky. Shouldn't there be at least some light even
> if sun, moon and stars would be absent?

Not at night. That's when Xentha's Cloak obscures the Shining Sky, only pierced by spears of starlight, planet-light, moonlight, and the like.

The sky cannot be seen shining at night. It would shine golden in the daytime, only Lorian (leading the Sky River) invaded in Godtime and turned it all blue. And (in Dragon Pass at least) it's often obscured by Orlanth's Herd moving through the Middle Air...

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>