Yelmalio

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:05:44 +1300 (NZDT)

Simon Hibbs:

MR>>1) What god did Balazar worship and introduce to the Votanki?

>It was Yelmalio, my theory is that it was the sun dragon version of the
>cult and Balazar was an EWF type, but I don't own a copy of Griffin
>Mountain so i don't know if the timeline fits.

Balazar came from the north in 1082, which is some time after the disappearance of the EWF. However there are Sun Dome Temples that had survived the fall of that Empire.

>>2) Has that cult since then been superceded by Yelmalio (possibly
>>introduced by the lunars in 1564)?

>The lunars don't realy have the ability to do that. The Yelmalion sun
>dome templars in Dragon pass and Prax are not under their controll, so I
>don't see how they could do the transplanting. Perhaps I'm
>missunderstanding your point.

I think Michael was referring to:

        'At that time the lunar authorities constantly advised the
        leaders of the solar religion, and someone among them decided
        to import the cult to Tarsh to pacify some troublesome
        Tarshite natives.  Later the cult was transplanted elsewhere.'
                                KoS p197.

They couldn't have imposed Yelmalio by brute force but they were in communication with the Sun Dome Temple and they did encourage other Sun Dome Temples to adopt the relevations of Monrogh.