rapidfire bows

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:28:54 +0300 (EDT)

Alex said:

> And to underline this, at the sheer _speed_ a good force of archers
> ought to be able to keep up, for optimum effect. They say a good
> lowbowman should be able to have up to three arrows in the air at once:
> one just leaving the bow, one in mid-flight, and the other just about
> to lodge in some other fellow's eye-socket (or wherever).

*ahem* have you ever tried to fire a longbow? By my experience if one is really well prepared for speedy fire (having stuck a couple of arrows to the grownd for fast noching etc.) one arrow in the air every five seconds is possible, but the accuracy is terrible... Let's just leave snapshot bowtricks for Fahd and the Gray Mouser (and Hero Wars, I presume... alas)

        -Adept

> ObGlorantha: hrm, did anyone say "MultiMissile"?

Well that would do it... silliest spell in the game tough... in my humble opinion