Smart bears

From: Jose Ramos <jose_at_kobo.es>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:12:20 +0200

        First things first. I know the scales on the GcotHW maps are approximate, and population data are highly suspect, but Rathorela has a surface of 20000-25000 square kilometers (or is it miles? Well, I can liv= e
with a 2.5 factor) and 1 million rathori. So:

All the city states control the surrounding territory, and none of them h= as
a great military tradition. What is the use of a company of fifty rathori tribesmen? Certainly not to man the walls. You patrol your borders, raid your neighbours, and scout your enemies. Just like home.

When Harrek decides to see the world, he steers naturally as a mercenary = to
Jonatela. And after some adventures he returns, and up until then his peo= ple
considered him "normal".

In the "What my Uncle told me" section of the Player=B4s Book you can see=  a
selection of Rathori deities. Not very different from what I would expect=  in
Far Point, really.

And here, seeing the matter exhausted, and not seeing how big the effect = of
a couple of thousands of mercenaries throughout Fronela can be, I stop unless someone beyond Alex is interested in this. Alex, we can continue t= o
debate the truth of the GcotHW data by private e-mail.

Jose

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #275