Humakt and Yanafal Tarnils

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:29:37 EDT

Humakt and his followers are severed from their kin. (An action which, presumably, could be a common Humakti heroquest rather than a simple declaration of "I am severed from my kin") What is the status of Yanafal Ta'arnils in terms of kinship ties? Since Yanafal was an exiled Carmanian nobleman I assume he had fallen out wih his family for some reason. Here is the story in my game:-

Yanafal Tavarnils, son of Shah Bisoshan from the harem, Grandson of Cartavar the Conqueror who was the son of Tavarmas, who was the son of Shahtavar the Bull Champion. Yananfal was a great warrior in his youth, often he would beat his younger brother Bisosdakar in contests and feats of arms. Bisosdakar was jealous of his elder brother, who would be Shah. But Bisosdakar was clever and persuaded Yanafal to join the cult of Dark Death, also known as Humakt, and to go and fight on the border where soem satrapies were rebelling. Away from the court, Bisosdakar spread black lies and rumour about his brother. Bisoshan, their father, was falling to decadence and easy prey to Bisosdakar's Deceit. One day Bisoshan was persuaded to swear the Oath of Succession with a High Vizir in Kendesos; he named Bisosdakar as heir. That night, he strained himself in his harem and died. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Out on the frontiers, in a small city called Torang, Yanafal plotted his vengeance, aided by his Vizir Irrippi Ontor; he also severed his family ties - they had been severed for him.

Bisosdakar maintained a war against his one time brother but retired to become Magi when he realised what he had done (Orlanthi would recognise that by creating kinstrife Bisosdakar had summon chaos into the world. )

Uncle Yanafal kills his nephew, Yanistar, at the Battle of Four Arrows of Light.

Does Ta'arnils/Tavarnils means (as it kind of sounds like "Not Tavar" as in the royal family of Bull Shahs.)

Keith Nellist